The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, Inc. (RGGI, Inc.) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation created to support development and implementation of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI). RGGI is a cooperative effort among eleven states – Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia – to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
RGGI, Inc.'s exclusive purpose is to provide administrative and technical services to support the development and implementation of each RGGI state's CO2 Budget Trading Program. RGGI, Inc.'s activities include:
- Development and maintenance of a system to report data from emissions sources subject to RGGI, and to track CO2 allowances
- Implementation of a platform to auction CO2 allowances
- Monitoring the market related to the auction and trading of CO2 allowances
- Providing technical assistance to the participating states in reviewing applications for emissions offset projects
- Providing technical assistance to the participating states to evaluate proposed changes to the states' CO2 Budget Trading Programs
RGGI, Inc. has no regulatory or enforcement authority. All such sovereign authority is reserved within the states.
Board of Directors: The Board of Directors of RGGI, Inc. is composed of agency heads of energy and environmental regulatory agencies in each RGGI state. View the full Board of Directors list here.
Staff: Meet the RGGI, Inc. team, here.
Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, Inc.
90 Church Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10007
Telephone: (212) 417.7329
Fax: (212) 417.4034
For general and media inquiries please contact email@example.com.
If you would like to receive email updates on RGGI CO2 allowance auction notices, auction results, and other news, please subscribe to the RGGI Mailing List.